C
Originally published by Capital Newstop
August 17, 2026
4h ago
18 Journalists, Two Drivers Attacked in Two Months, MCK Says

The council said at least 18 journalists and two drivers from different media houses had been assaulted and injured over the past two months, warning that the escalating attacks posed a serious threat to media freedom and democracy ahead of the 2027 General Election...
✨ Key Highlights
The Media Council of Kenya (MCK) has urged the Director of Public Prosecutions and the Inspector General of Police to investigate and prosecute those responsible for a surge in attacks against journalists.
- At least 18 journalists and two drivers have been assaulted and injured in the past two months.
- MCK cited incidents in Homa Bay, Mombasa, Kimilili, and during the Ol Kalou by-election.
- The attacks, including physical assaults and destruction of equipment, threaten media freedom and democracy ahead of the 2027 General Election.
Continue Reading
Read the complete article from Capital News
Advertisement
Advertisement




