Back to home

Kenya loses KSh 2.9B in fuel import saga, Wandayi says

video
C
Citizen TV (Youtube)
April 5, 2026
1mo ago
We begin with the fuel importation saga at the Ministry of Energy and tonight, energy cs Opiyo Wandayi says a staggering 2.9 billion shillings was lost during the alleged irregular importation of 68 million liters of sub-standard petroleum last month, that resulted to the arrests

More on this topic

Ruto vows to crush oil cartels after swoop nets top energy officials - April 2026

President William Ruto has vowed a decisive crackdown on cartels within the energy sector following the arrest and subsequent resignation of senior officials implicated in a fuel procurement scandal. Several senior energy sector officials including Liban, Sang, and Bargoria are facing potential criminal charges including up to 10 years in jail for alleged manipulation of petroleum stock data and irregular fuel procurement. Kenya has reportedly lost KSh 2.9 billion in a fuel importation scandal involving sub-standard petroleum. The scandal was orchestrated through a conspiracy between top government officials and business tycoons. Meanwhile, lawyers Ahmednassir Abdullahi and Donald Kipkorir are calling for the arrest of private sector players involved in the alleged fuel cartel scandal, demanding full accountability beyond public officials. In Kakamega, boda boda operators have called on the government to intervene amid fears of widespread fuel hoarding.

6 stories in this topic
View Full Coverage
Advertisement